Small Team, Big Impact: The People Behind Photos
At Facebook, it’s common for small teams of three or four people to work together in creating products that are used by millions of people around the world. Watch how the team behind Facebook’s Photos application helped it become the most popular of its kind on the Internet.
Five more ways of thinking that can doom IT leaders
Lost laptops cost companies $50,000 apiece
A single lost or stolen laptop costs a business almost $50,000 on average, according to findings from an Intel-sponsored study by the Ponemon Institute.
6 music services compared: Who can bust the iTunes monopoly?
Open-source PHP applications that changed the world
From managing databases to shopping, writing blogs to sending emails. Ten years of passion, great software architectures, team work and revolutionary ideas. Here are the most influential open-source PHP applications to date. My favs: phpmyadmin, wordpress, zend framework!
Experiences deploying a large-scale infrastructure in Amazon EC2
Folks at OpenX recently completed a large-scale deployment of one of their server farms to Amazon EC2. Here are some lessons learned from that experience. Useful for everybody!
Real Time Cities, or Just Info Porn?
Andrea Vaccari, from the SENSEable City lab at MIT, spoke at ETech recently about how cities are being transformed by mobile Web technologies. He described MIT’s project WikiCity, which monitors cell phone traces in Rome and creates visualizations from them.
I’m in love with food… you know….coming back home and decompress preparing something delicious and tasty is priceless….
My last creation: I worked on a seafood salad and a korean strawberry macedonia … Simply priceless!
Take a look…soon the recipes!
I’ve been out for a while lately.
I’ve travelled for work and pleasure to Italy. But I’m back with my weekly links!
- Jailbreak an iPhone 3G – Wired How-To Wiki (http://ping.fm/FwYuK)
- 10 Principles of the PHP Masters – Nettuts+ (http://ping.fm/oscR9)
- Why I chose Zend Framework for Enterprise – Jim Plush’s Programming Paradise (http://ping.fm/XdzI0)
- Performance – When do I start worrying? « Empyrean (http://ping.fm/goRJ8)
And some link about Google:
- Why I Quit Google (GOOG) (http://ping.fm/xex53)
- Google Brings Free Music Downloads to China – ReadWriteWeb (http://ping.fm/mdJsB)
- What Could Go Wrong With Google: The Slideshow (http://ping.fm/2mXMq)
- Google Should Offer To Buy Twitter For $1 Billion (GOOG) (http://ping.fm/JCLh1)